Wednesday, December 16, 2009

533)A Blog Begun As A Retirement Project "To Prevent My Brain From Turning Into Mush":No 13 On The Top 50 Science Blogs among 125,000 NetworkedBlogs.

"In Shia Islam, intellect is a key component of faith. Intellect allows us to understand the creation of God"(Aga Khan IV, July 23rd 2008, Lisbon, Portugal)

http://gonashgo.blogspot.com/2008/09/400blogpost-four-hundred-knowledge.html



In the dying days of 2007 some of my Blog readers were enquiring about why I use the cybername Easy Nash so I did what any self-respecting Blogger would do: I prepared a post to explain myself including why I decided to start writing a Blog in the first place. The Blog was my own private retirement project undertaken to satisfy my curiosity about a topic that has enthralled, fascinated and preoccupied me since I was a 17-year old undergraduate Science student at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada during the early 1970s: the link between Science and Religion in Islam. I began writing my Blog in March 2006 after hearing some inspirational words from His Highness Aga Khan IV, 49th hereditary Imam of the Shia Nizari Ismaili Muslims, during his visit to Toronto in June 2005. I also remarked that another reason for blogging was to keep my brain exercised during retirement and "prevent it from turning into mush":

268)Why Easy Nash?; Who the hell is Easy Nash?
http://gonashgo.blogspot.com/2007/12/268why-easy-nash-who-hell-is-easy-nash.html


Fast forward to December 2009, almost 4 years later. I had decided to link my Blog to my Facebook account in 2007 and also linked it to the NetworkedBlogs application on Facebook about a year ago. Since then it has risen in current rankings to Number 13 on the Top 50 Science Blogs on NetworkedBlogs, a collection of over 125,000 Blogs worldwide. It's a fluid situation and that Number 13 ranking may not last as there are other Bloggers not far behind me in the rankings and I can feel them nipping at my heels ;-)

http://www.networkedblogs.com/topic/science/

It is very satisfying and gratifying for me to have such a positive validation of my retirement project. On the subject of preventing my brain from turning into mush I'll say that the jury is still out on that one(heh heh). My deepest thanks go to ALL from 6 continents(those not on Facebook as well as those on Facebook) who follow and support my Blog: "Science and Religion in Islam: The Link"

http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/science_and_religion_in_islam_the_link/


Easy Nash

The Qur'an itself repeatedly recommends Muslims to become better educated in order better to understand God's creation: Aga Khan IV(2007)
The Quran tells us that signs of Allah's Sovereignty are found in the contemplation of His Creation: Aga Khan IV(2007)
This notion of the capacity of the human intellect to understand and to admire the creation of Allah will bring you happiness in your everyday lives: Aga Khan IV(2007)
Islam, eminently logical, placing the greatest emphasis on knowledge, purports to understand God's creation: Aga Khan IV(2006)
The Holy Qu'ran's encouragement to study nature and the physical world around us gave the original impetus to scientific enquiry among Muslims: Aga Khan IV(1985)
The first and only thing created by God was the Intellect(Aql): Prophet Muhammad(circa 632CE)